Kathryn and I recently returned from a long weekend in Virginia. I lived in several cities in Virginia for a total of about 13 years. Kathryn had never seen Virginia at all. We felt it was important to make sure the trip was new for both of us. In view of that, I’ve created the following list of things we did for the first time together.
- We stayed at the posh and historic Jefferson Hotel.
- We attended Mass at the Cathedral of the Sacred Heart.
- We dined at the chic Lemaire restaurant.
- We had breakfast at River City Diner at its new location in the 17th Street Market.
- We enjoyed pizza and salad at Sette.
- We toured the White House of the Confederacy.
- We saw historic St. John’s Church.
- We visited the University of Virginia Chapel.
- We toured the Rotunda on the University Grounds.
- We had a frozen yogurt at Arch’s on the Corner.
- We toured historic Bruton Parish Church.
- We had a sandwich at the Cheese Shop at its new location on Duke of Gloucester Street.
I sort of cheated by counting a couple businesses that had moved since I last visited, but I feel like they were new to me. They were definitely new to Kathryn.